Wednesday 18 November 2009

An amazing morning.

Today I've had a truly humbling morning.
First of all I visited the Shahibaug Branch of the school, this is the oldest and original branch of the school and is home to around 2000 students. All the students at this branch are taught in Gujurati, although many of the older and more able pupils are able to speak and understand English very well.
On arrival I was greeted with a bouquet of flowers and informed that it was a privilege and honour that I had visited them.
I then got introduced to every class as a 'dignitary' and was asked to 'inspire' all the students.
Each class I visited stood and applauded as I entered the room while a couple of members of staff kept taking my photo.
This all felt very, very odd!

But what actually struck me was the incredible passion for education that all the pupils and teachers shared and way beyond just the time spent in the classroom. The students beamed with pride as I told them what a fantastic school they came to, they listened intently as I explained how our two schools were both similar and different. They nodded in understanding as I explained that they were capable of achieving anything they wanted because they showed true determination and commitment.
I was asked to go and give an 'inspirational' talk to the teachers. I praised them on the incredible work they do, the wonderful way in which they inspire their children and their obvious passion for the role.

In truth, I have been the one inspired today.

2 comments:

  1. We are really enjoying reading about your marvelous adventures. What an amazing journal filled with such incredible sights and memories. Thinking of you.
    Love from Class 4D and Mrs Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are really enjoying reading about your adventures. What super memories you will have.
    Thinking of you!
    Love from Class 4D and Mrs Denton

    ReplyDelete