Thursday 19 November 2009

And now, the end is near.............

Namaste.
Going out for dinner soon, then I'll have a couple of hours to pack before heading off to the airport.
I can't begin to explain how fantastic this trip has been, both personally but also for both schools, the projects that the Headteacher and I have discussed are so exciting. Today I have set up another blog, and we have assigned 6 HBK students as Global Partnership Monitors, next week I will assign 6 from Wrotham Road too. These 12 children will have authoring rights to the new blog and we will use it as a place where all the students from both schools can share experiences, information, ideas, stories, pictures etc. The students here at HBK will soon be writing short accounts of what Christmas is like in India, they will then be sent to us to 'judge' and award certificates which I will send back. So we will look at what we can do on a similar note when I get back. Imagine your work being sent to India to be read by the students there and then receiving a certificate from that school!
The Headteacher, Renu Seth will be visiting us for a week in February too. Then hopefully next year some of her students will visit us.

I have recieved lots of gifts today, and was told that a guest in India is like a 'God'! I was really sad to say goodbye to the students, but I know how much I'll enjoy coming back to all of our wonderful boys and girls at Wrotham Road.

See you real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment